A game based on the Atari 2600 game 'Combat', where you play a tank, and try to shoot your opponent!
This remake contains more levels, a level editor to make your own levels, and a lot of extras!
Also included are a couple of level maps from the Atari 2600 hack 'Combat Redux'.
This game is two player only and you will need to connect two gamepads!
- 'UP' to move your tank forward.
- 'DOWN' to move your tank backwards (moving backwards must be enabled in option menu)
- 'LEFT' to rotate your tank anti-clockwise.
- 'RIGHT' to rotate your tank clockwise.
- Press button to shoot a bullit.
- Hit F11 or left trigger button to save a screen shot.
- Hit F12 or right trigger button to change from window mode to full screen.
You can choose between different kind of bullits:
- Normal bullits : they will fly in a straight line.
- Guided bullits : when fired, you can steer them with LEFT and RIGHT.
- Pong bullits : they will bounce of walls.
- Ricochet bullits : they will bounce of walls like pong bullits, however, it must bounce at least once before it can destroy a tank.
When a bullit is fired, it will travel a while before it disappears.
There are also mines.
Don't run your tank over it, it will explode.
You can shoot a mine from a distance, where it can start a chain reaction when other mines are near. Your tank will explode if you are too near the explosion.
Different play fields can be choosen. Some have no walls.
Other have some walls, and others have a lot of walls.
You can also play with invisible tanks.
Tanks will become visible for a short time when you fire your cannon.
This game also contains a level editor, so you can make your own levels!
In options screen hit the U button on the OUYA controller to go the editor (or the X button on most other controllers).
In the editor, use the left and right shoulder button to go through the edit levels
Use button Y to use the level in the game ("USE PLAYFIELD"), so it will show up in the level set.
Also, this new version contains a lot of options to set, including random options for more fun!
A lot of different options can be set. A lot of options can also be set to random. It will show a '?' in that case.
- First to win : how many game for a win
- Playfield : choose your play field to play on. This can also be your own level (e.g. E01, E03, etc)
- Bullits : choose your bullit type
- Mines : no mines, a few mines, many mines, etc
- Reverse : choose if your tank may drive backwards (DOWN on gamepad). Can be set individually per player
- Speed : speed of your tank. Can be set individually per player
- Bullit time : choose how long your bullit will fly until it disappears. Using pong bullits with this setting can be fun!
You can also set this to the default 'D'. The game determines the bullit time in this case. Can be set individually per player
- Bullits : set how many bullits you start with. Can be set individually per player
Game works on Windows, OUYA, Nvidia Shield TV and most android devices with gamepads.
Download latest version:
Current version: 1.5.0
[local file for sideloading]
|Windows Vista and up
(Tested on Vista and Windows 10)
[local file for sideloading]
|OUYA, Nvidia Shield TV and
other Android devices
[OUYA playstore link]
|Tested on OUYA.
Let me know what you think about this game by leaving a comment in my guestbook