It's a remake of the original game MouseTrap from Exidy on the ColecoVision console in 1982 with loads of extra's! Eat cheezy dots, kill cats, avoid the bird and grab some bonusses on the way to clear the maze.
There are doors in three colors. Each of them can be controlled. Use this to avoid or trap in cat in a confined space. Teleports are at your disposal to confuse your enemies. Use the middle teleport to randomly zap to the corners or use the 'pac man' side teleports. Using the teleports also confuses the bird. Only the grey cats can use the side teleports also.
I even included a new and confusing "black cat" bonus level! Kill the almost invisible black cat to get a super bonus while avoiding the deadly grey cats. Thunder can light up the maze, but it can also be pitch dark...
This game is loaded with different mazes, bonusses and extra's.
This is pacman on speed!
Download latest version:
|MouseTrap [Final version] (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows7)
|MouseTrap [OUYA] (link to the OUYA Playstore)
=> [local file for sideloading]
|MouseTrap [Razer Forge] (link to the Razer Forge Playstore)
=> [local file for sideloading]
|MouseTrap [Nvidia Shield TV] (local file for sideloading)|
Note : Game does not show up in main screen. You need sideloadlauncher to make it visible
|MouseTrap [Android] (local file for sideloading)
Note : Game may not work on some android devices, or some gamepads might not work
* Status: Finished / Current version: 2.5.2017
* Use keyboard or gamepad/joystick to control game
Notes (OUYA and Razer Forge):
* Use OUYA controller to control game or any controller that works on OUYA or Razer Forge
* Also tested on real OUYA game console
Notes (Nvidia Shield TV):
* Tested on Nvidia Shield TV with original controller
* Might also work on other android device with a keyboard or bluetooth gamepad connected.
Let me know what you think about this game by leaving a comment in my guestbook.
In game videos
Check out some gameplay videos:
* Gameplay is programmed in such a way it resembles the original (but enhanced)
* Music is ripped from original game.
* Most graphics are ripped from original game.
New to game
* Mouse can move fast thru the maze if done right : e.g. when you go left, and you want to go down the next crossing, you can easily do it by pressing down before the crossing, so you will slide quickly around the corner.
* Cats are way faster.
* Grey cats added. Fast and deadly.
* The bird can be lightning fast. Also, it can go into stealth mode, where it is hard to spot.
* Added different game modes : arcade/advanced/random and fixed mode.
* Steep difficulty curve (only for hardcore).
* Different mazes instead of 1. I added a lot more.
* One way streets.
* Side teleports.
* Bonus black cat level (fast and confusing).
* Random bonuses for goodies. But also bad news!.
* Settings screen where you can set maze type, starting level and difficulty.
* Info screen.
* Custom highscore screen.
* Game contains cheat menu.
Here are some more screenshots:
           
* Use F4 to change from full screen to window mode and back.
* This is as good as finished. It might contain some small bugs, but as far as I can see there aren't any.